The time is nearing for BJ to graduate from college and we move on to the next step in our lives. The problem is getting to that next step. We have been praying and searching for what God has planned for us and have really felt it in our hearts to move to St.Louis. How that might happen...has not been revealed yet to us. BJ has to complete an internship somewhere this summer to complete his degree & receive his diploma. He still gets to walk in May (in 2.5 weeks), but he will have to sign up for one summer session and complete the internship. He's applied to a place in STL and we are still waiting to hear if he's been accepted or not. We have full confidence he will. He applied to a place that we are both familiar with and know people. In fact, we had a great opportunity to work with some of them last fall and got to meet some great people because of that. We know he is well-accepted there, but the internship is a new program for them so the process of getting this off and running has been a very slow start. It has been a long year so far of waiting and praying. We feel strongly in our hearts that this is where God wants us to be, but we're just waiting for the logistics to be worked out. God will have to do some moving on my end for me to find a position and have a full time job, but for now we're focusing on BJ completing the internship and getting a full time job in his field.
It's not been an easy process for us. I'm naturally a patient person with lots of understanding. So most days I feel confident and great and I (thankfully) do not struggle with doubt. But just like any normal human being, I have my weak days and I break down. It's hard to have your life on hold and not have any idea when things will become "set in stone" or finalized. At this point, we don't even have a projection date. We hope to be moving, but we don't know when that will be. We hope it's soon. Even though we love the people here and are really starting to get involved in everything surrounding us...that will make it even harder to break away, but we still feel this is the path that God has for us. What makes it even more difficult is our friends here don't want us to go (which is understandable), but they don't usually want to talk about the situation with us because they don't want us to leave. That has been hard too, keeping things to ourselves until they become finalized. I am one that when I have something on my mind, I prefer to talk it out with someone so I can think straight again. Which is why you are finding me here at the moment. I figured if I can't vent outloud, I'll vent online. Besides, I don't think there is anyone that actually reads this anyway...at least, not anyone I know.
I have read verse after verse about standing on the promises of God and remaining strong, having courage...all of it. Not saying that I know it all...because I don't. Every day, God teaches me something new. But for this week...I'm just praying that we receive more information to help get us closer to the end result. I'm ready for the end of this season and ready to start making the decisions and get moving. This time of our life of uncertainty is necessary to help us grow and trust in God...to put our faith in Him...and we have...we continue to every day. But we are definitely ready to continue on in our quest for where God wants us. This week we hope to hear some more information on the internship...every day I wait in prayer and petition. I know our answer will come soon. I know that God will reveal Himself in a mighty way that only He can. I know that our season of uncertainty is nearing an end. I just pray I continue to have the strength I need to fulfill this time. I know I'm growing weary, but I know I have the Bible to stand on and the peace of God rests deep within me.
No comments:
Post a Comment